Top 10 Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area
- Ripley’s Attractions – Featuring an aquarium at Broadway at the Beach, and a Believe It or Not, Haunted Adventure, and Theater on Ocean Boulevard
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel – This massive oceanfront ferris wheel is the largest of its kind in the area. Each enclosed cart is climate controlled for your comfort
- Brookgreen Gardens – This historic landmark is over 100 Acres of land that features sculpture gardens, pristinely landscaped gardens, a zoo, and a cultural center, as well as onsite dining options to enjoy nature’s beauty.
- Huntington Beach State Park – A great place for the family to escape! Low entry fee per car, a private beach, and the former summer Spanish Courtyard style home of the Huntingtons.
- Rent a jet ski or go on a dolphin watch tour with one of the many companies in the area such as Action Watersportz.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball – Owned by the Chicago Cubs, this minor league team holds a stout record, great ballpark food, winner of best stadium experience in sports, and to top it all off one of the lowest admission prices of any attraction in town!
- Helicopter Rides- For $20, have the best view of the beach in town!
- Water Parks – The area offers two waterparks, including Myrtle Waves in Myrtle Beach, and Wild Water n’ Wheels in Surfside Beach.
- Get a Rush! – Our adrenaline packed options range from Broadway Grand Prix go kart track, to the fast paced Myrtle Beach Speedway NASCAR sanctioned race track, to the simple but insane slingshot on the ocean.
- Mini Golf – Want something to pass a lot of time for not very much $$$? Go golfing! Mini to be exact. There is no location on earth that offers a better selection of miniature golfing than the Grand Strand.
Market Common-Located on Farrow Parkway on the South end of Myrtle Beach, this is truly the Myrtle Beach mecca for urban chic lifestyle shopping. Built to resemble an urban Charleston type village, it features big names such as CityMac, Bath & Body Works, and Victoria’s Secret, but also features lesser known hipster and upscale boutiques. Market Common also offers a unique array of dining options with names such as Tupelo Honey Café, Toffinos Italian Deli, Gordon Biersch Brewery and Grille, and more! Very walkable with weekly events in the summer and an onsite high end movie theater.
Broadway at the Beach- Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, enjoy over 350 acres of dining, shopping, the best nightlife at the beach, and amusements! This is a Myrtle Beach staple that has been around for years but has constantly changed throughout.
Barefoot Landing- The original shopping staple at the beach! Located in North Myrtle Beach, this red metal roof shopping experience features wooden decks throughout to enjoy the scenery and massive lake with natural area and floating bridge! Keep your eyes out for jumping fish and crawling alligators. Enjoy experiences such as the Alabama Theatre, Alligator Adventure, and the House of Blues while dining at the highest Trip Advisor ranked restaurant named Flying Fish among others!
Tanger Outlet Centers- Featuring two locations, one on 17 Bypass and one on Highway 501, this national chain features leading brands from all over! For a more outdoor experience venture over to 501, and for those rainy days 17 Bypass can take the front seat. Both locations feature either onsite or nearby dining options to please the shoppers palate.
Myrtle Beach Mall- This once desolate location has turned into a true anchor of shopping over the years! Recently under new ownership, this mall located on the north end of Myrtle Beach at the intersection of 17 Bypass and Highway 22 features a massive Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World to keep the young and old alike in awe. Keep an eye out in 2015 for a complete facelift and the addition of new stores by the dozen!
Stationary-Waccamaw River, shore fishing on the Atlantic, 2nd Avenue Pier, Garden City Pier, Apache Pier, Springmaid Resort Pier, Cherry Grove Beach Pier.
The area also offers a variety of deep sea fishing with the following charter companies
- Voyager Deep Sea Fishing
- Reel Action Fishing Charters
- Lucky Strike Charters
- Hurricane Fleet